You can talk to: Lou (Louise) Ayre
Call us on: 01884 860215
Lou’s email: Louayre@aol.com
Our address: Black Dog Eggs, Cobscombe Farm, Black Dog, Crediton, Devon EX17 4QJ
Black Dog Free Range Eggs respect and value the privacy of our customers and we are committed to protect your personal data.
Please read this policy carefully as it explains how we use your personal data, how it is collected, how it is held and how it is processed.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the GDPR) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but is also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
We collect the following information about you when you register with us
- Full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
Please note that we do not collect any information in relation to your payment information, such as credit card details.
How we use your information
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes;
- To open and manage your account with us
- To process an order
- To email you with Invoices and monthly statements
- To communicate with you and to respond to your emails/phone calls.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Your personal data will therefore be kept for the time necessary as determined by regulatory and compliance factors as applicable through time, for example these may be the prevailing rules as dictated by HRMC for evidencing accountancy practices, government returns and product traceability.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access it. The information is handled and stored in a secure manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
- The right to access information we hold about you – at any point you can contact us to request what information we hold about you, why we have that information, who has access to it and where we got the information.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you – if the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, please inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
- The right to have your information erased – if you feel we should no longer be using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- Consent – In those cases where we need to consent to hold your information, we will ask you to check a box on the relevant form. By checking these boxes you are stating that you have been informed as to why we are collecting the information, how it is used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
Responding to requests
We will deal with your subject access request without undue delay. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent by post to:
Black Dog Free Range Eggs, Cobscombe Farm, Black Dog, Crediton, Devon EX17 4QJ
by email to: email@example.com
If you have any queries please call: 01884 860215
If you are not satisfied by our actions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endevour to resolve any queries or complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner, however if you remain dissatisifed you have the right to refer the matter to the information commissioner’s office.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available on this website.